Thursday, September 24, 2015

This I believe first draft.

   I believe a woman should be capable  of doing anything a man can do. I once read where someone had said: "a woman can do anything a man can do. She just has to do it twice as well to be considered half as good." This quote actually inspired me to start my college career.

   I did not start our going after a degree in teaching. I actually started out in diesel tech. When I was growing up my dad was a mechanic and my mom could do anything he could. I was four when my dad and I built my first car. There is no conning this woman in to believing that the blinker fluid needs to be changed.

   Just ask my husband, I can do anything he can do, and give birth. I believe that women are able to do it all, just because they may not want to, doesn't mean they can't. Being independent is a good thing. Yes, I do believe that men should take car of women, but what happens when a woman doesn't have a man?

   A man living alone is expected to fix the plumbing,change the oil, and fix a flat. Women should be able to do these things too. Not only does it make a woman more independent and self sufficient, but when she starts a family with a man she has a lot more to bring to the table. I can recall many days when my husband would leave for work and tell me that when he got off work he was going to fix something. I would say about 50% of the time, I would have it done for him when he got home.

   Being a woman who is well rounded in her skills is important to me. I believe that every woman should be able to do at least the basics. It will serve you well not to be all stuffed animals and glitter, but actually get a little dirty every once in a while and get things done.


*now this is just a (very) rough draft. I WILL turn this into a wonderful essay in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment