Monday, September 14, 2015

Parle vous Francais?

I took french in high school and I took it again this semester in college, I thought okay I already know this stuff and it fills a requirement for my degree, plus the extra credit hours will be nice. I told my husband it would be an easy A because I was fluent in french two years ago. It's not. out of all the classes I am taking this semester I feel french is probably one of the hardest. I thought it would all come back quick and I wouldn't actually be learning much new stuff. I was very wrong. So I sat dawn and actually thought back to all the "stupid" assignments and activities we had to do and realized though they may have been stupid at the time that they would help me remember in long run. I started copying things from the book and making my notes more organized. I ripped out all the pages I had and started fresh. took every thing and reorganized it. All the numbers are written in one spot and not scattered from page to page. Verbs and adjectives all written out in their different forms all together. Greetings and goodbyes. Now when I look at my notes I can tell what I am looking at and it's not all a jumbled mess. There is space in each section if I need it to add to later in the course and I even noticed my assignments are easier. Instead of thinking "ok what does that mean" it is "ok I remember writing that somewhere. Is that a number or a verb?" Sometimes all you need to be successful is a little reorganization and some colored pens. . . Now if only that worked for anything but school work.

1 comment:

  1. That's a big step...learning that the process mattered. Nice post. Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete