Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Knowing Your Audience

       My audience this semester is a  currious one. From the questions that were posted to the board I can gather that many are enthusiastic about learning. Some questions were simple "Where are you from?" others really made you think "If you had a one way ticket anywhere, where would you go and who would you take?" There were questions like "Where are you going when you die?" and "Is it second nature to judge someone?" I believe that this audience is engaged in their learning. Most contributed questions that were intelligent and inquisitive. Something that took more than just a word or two to answer. When I was going through answering questions there were many that made me stop and think. I had even had to put off answering a few of them for a few days while I thought about how to answer them. When I was able to answer them i still felt like there was a lot more I could have written than just what I did. Even some of the simpler ones "Who is your favorite musical artist?" are deeper than they appear to be. Most of the answers to this particular question were along the lines of "It changes day to day or week to week." When you think about this question you also have to think what is going on in my life right now and what does this artist say about certain things. How does the music make me feel in the moment and does it relate to something in the here and now? I believe I will have a lot of fun writing to this audience this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Questions do breed curiosity. If our audience was a single person, what would they be like? ~Ms .A.

    ReplyDelete