Saturday, September 26, 2015

Staying in the hospital.

So, a little excitement happened in my life overnight. I spent the night in the hospital. I have got to admit that the staff is super nice and really caring. I loved my nurses and at this particular hospital you get a patient care assistant that is assigned to a nurse and is there to help the patient and their family with anything they need. My care assistant spent most of the time not actually catering to me but to my husband. Coffee, pillows, food, blankets, anything he needed she was right there with a smile on her face and a caring word to get it for him.
Hopefully I get to go home today but if not atleast I know I am cared for and that I'm not just some patient with a symptom. I have a name and feelings, my comfort matters to the people who are charged with looking after me. I could not ask for a better care staff.
It is still a hospital though, tests take forever to be read, doctors are busy with a lot of patients, and sometimes everything doesn't go as planned. My IV is in a wierd spot and the tape kind of itches, my feet can't seem to stay warm. Though the food is really really good.
I am getting to go home so I'll wrap this up. Just waiting for them to come take put my IV out and give me my discharge papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment