Sunday, October 4, 2015

Instant Gratification- Is it worth it?

When someone hurts you, we all want to hurt them back. We want to make them feel how we felt at that moment in time when they hurt us. We want to send a message saying if you hurt me I will hurt you back just as much. But is it really worth it? Sometimes instant gratification is something small, you punch me, I am going to punch you back. Other times it's bigger, you mess with my life I am going to mess with yours. In the moment it is not about being the bigger person , it is about making yourself feel better and them feel worse. When these times come, when it really hurts and all you want to do is hurt them too, sometimes the best thing you can do is take a second and take a step back to look at what you want to do. Ask yourself these questions; Am i only hurting the person that I want to? Is what I want to do legal? Will I really have long term satisfaction or will I feel bad about it later? Often you will find the answer to one or more of these questions will not be good for you. Sometimes the best action, and the best revenge is to sit and continue to live your life, Leave them wondering what is going to happen, and do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment